Pastor: Elder Russell Key
Meeting times: 3rd and 4th Sundays (and the Saturday before the 4th)
Directions: 7 miles north of Callao, MO on Missouri route 3.
Chariton Church was organized on the fourth Saturday in July 1844. The church met at first in homes of members, or a nearby schoolhouse, until 1846, when land was donated by Elder William Sears, and a log building was erected just west of what is known as the old Chariton Cemetery. A frame house replaced it, 40 by 24 feet, in about 1856. The present meeting house was built in 1889.